Through our Critical Home Repair program, we partner with homeowners to eliminate critical health and safety issues and complete much-needed home improvement projects. To date, Coos Bay Area Habitat has completed almost 20 projects and with your help, we can continue to help support the community!
Critical Home Repair Projects
Completed projects include roof repairs, window and siding replacements, and a remodel of the Coos Bay Senior Center bathrooms (through a partnerrship with ORCCA).
We are currently not accepting applications for Critical Home Repairs.
Please call our office or visit our ReStore and leave your contact information
if you would like to be notified when our next application process begins.
Typical Critical Home Repairs include:
***To qualify for a roof replacement, the cost of repairing the roof must exceed 60% of the cost to replace the roof***
– Water Damage
– Windows and Exterior Doors
Qualifying Application General Guidelines
- The qualifying household must own and reside in their home. Coos Bay Area Habitat of Humanity will not work on rentals or out buildings.
- The household must have a monthly income less than 60% of the median income for Coos County HUD (click here to be taken to the current standards).
- Repayment for some portion of, or all, material costs will be expected upon completion of services. The amount due and monthly payment amount will be determined based on household income and work done to the home.
- To receive this service, the applicant must fill out the qualifying application completely. If approved, the applicant must fill out the supplementary application, providing all required verification documentation. A release and waiver of liability form must be signed before the application can be processed. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- If an applicant’s qualifying application is accepted, a house visit will be made for the purpose of an assessment of the scope of the required repairs.
- If the qualifying application is accepted, this is not a guarantee of repair.
- If the type and amount of repair work is within the capabilities of Coos Bay Area Habitat for Humanity, a supplementary application must be filled out and processed. If it is approved, Coos Bay Habitat for Humanity will schedule the repairs.